Asparagus Salad with Mustard-Tarragon Dressing
Published By: The Valley Table
For recipe online
- 2 ounces raw unfiltered apple cider
- 1 teaspoon smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 drop edible essential oil of tarragon)
- teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ounces cold pressed grapeseed oil
- sea salt to taste
- 4 cups baby greens (7 to 21 days old, just beyond the "micro-green" stage-the younger and more petite, the more nutritional they are)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, pencil thin
- cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Combine mustard and cider in a blender. While blending, slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Add tarragon or tarragon oil and salt to taste.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water with sea salt added to taste, then drain and cool in ice water.
- Saute the garlic and shallot in the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add asparagus to the hot oil and toss lightly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Gently coat the cooled asparagus with half of the dressing.
- Toss the baby greens in the other half of the dressing.
- Mound the greens on a chilled plate. Arrange asparagus neatly on top or around the greens.
Garnish if you want with slivered almonds, sunflower seeds or chopped nuts.
Recipe property of:
Aroma Thyme Bistro
165 Canal St
PO Box 731
Ellenville NY 12428